Friday, February 29, 2008

Are you looking Beyond?

Do you conform to the status quo? Do you trust the status quo? Status quo is a Latin term meaning the present, existing state of affairs. To maintain the status quo is to keep the things the way they currently are. So when I ask if to accept the status quo, what I am really asking is… do you accept things the way they are or do you have your own way of seeing things. Individuals, who normally do not look beyond the status quo, tend to be average at best. These individuals tend to accept things as they are with little or know questions, at all. Is this wrong? No. It’s normal. It’s easier and less stressful. However, it’s just not challenging.
I am one whom will always ask questions and look further. Not because I want to be difficult, but because I like knowing as opposed to thinking that I know. I’ll advise anyone to ask if you are uneasy with information that’s given to you. Not everything is as simple as Black and White. Sometimes when you are presented with something… you may need to ask WHY, i.e. you may need to look beyond.
Is knowledge always power? Is knowledge always good? I say, it all depends. Who has the knowledge and where did they get it from? More importantly, what are their intentions? Do they intend to inform or do they intend to decieve? What if you accepted someones deception? What if you were misinformed or simply misunderstood the infromation that is given?
I invite you to look at the current state of affairs… thoroughly, and ask yourself if something seems scetchy. Let’s take a peek outside of the box. Share some questions and thoughts.

(“…It is better to ask a question and be a fool for a minute, than to not ask and be a fool forever…”) – Author Unknown.

No comments: